- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- B.S.E. Princeton – with honors in chemical engineering
- M.D., Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, LA – graduated in top 10% of class with AOA Honors
- M.P.H., Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Internship, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Head and Neck Surgery Residency, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, LSU Center for Health Sciences, New Orleans, LA
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, Toorak Cosmetic Surgery Centre, Melbourne, Australia
- Visiting Fellow, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
- Visiting Fellow, Tokyo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- Visiting Fellow, University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Dr. Granzow is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon serving the Los Angeles area. Dr Granzow is Board Certified both by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. He has additional specialized fellowship training in both aesthetic surgery and microvascular surgery, and specializes in high-level breast reconstruction and microsurgery. He focuses on integrating aesthetic principles with advanced microsurgical technique and has a free flap success rate of over 99%.
After finishing his formal training in Plastic Surgery in 2004, Dr. Granzow traveled throughout the United States and internationally for almost 18 months, spending significant amounts of time working closely with many of the world’s top surgeons in advanced microsurgery and aesthetic surgery. This included fellowships both in microsurgery and perforator flap breast reconstruction with Dr. Robert Allen in New Orleans, Louisiana and in advanced aesthetic surgery with Dr. Bryan Mendelson in Melbourne, Australia. Among the other physicians with whom he worked were Dr. Fu-Chan Wei in Taiwan, Dr. Isao Koshima in Japan, and Dr. Philip Blondeel in Belgium.
Born in Santa Monica and raised in a medical family, Dr. Granzow is native to the Los Angeles area, and graduated from the well known Harvard-Westlake High School.
Dr. Granzow attended college at Princeton, where he majored in chemical engineering and graduated with honors and a certificate in engineering biology. During that time, he also completed independent work in the Programs in Robotics and Intelligent Systems and independent work in vaccine production at Merck Pharmaceuticals.
After college, Dr. Granzow attended Tulane Medical School and soon developed an interest both in surgery and microsurgery. These interests continued throughout both of his residencies; first in Head and Neck Surgery at USC in Los Angeles followed by Plastic Surgery at the University of Miami in Florida. He graduated medical school in 1997 in the top 10% of his class and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Granzow also holds a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) degree with a focus in Health Systems Management. He completed this during his time in medical school at Tulane.
Lymphedema Surgery in California
Dr. Granzow has presented on various plastic surgery topics, including perforator flap breast reconstruction, at leading scientific and health meetings and has authored numerous articles in recent and upcoming issues of the major, peer-reviewed, plastic surgery journals. He is a pioneer in the field of lymphedema treatment and surgery and was the first to combine different types of lymphedema surgery and treatment.
Dr. Granzow is Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine and a member of the full-time faculty in Plastic Surgery. He is the Assistant Chief of Plastic Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.