- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- B.S.E. Princeton – with honors in chemical engineering
- M.D., Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, LA – graduated in top 10% of class with AOA Honors
- M.P.H., Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Internship, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Head and Neck Surgery Residency, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, LSU Center for Health Sciences, New Orleans, LA
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, Toorak Cosmetic Surgery Centre, Melbourne, Australia
- Visiting Fellow, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
- Visiting Fellow, Tokyo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- Visiting Fellow, University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Dr. Jay Granzow is an internationally renowned lymphedema surgeon and scholar. In his academic capacity, he has been a Plastic Surgery professor at the University of California, Los Angeles for over 10 years. Dr. Granzow currently serves as Associate Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic Surgery at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine and Assistant Chief of Plastic Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. He holds American Board Certifications in Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
A pioneer in the field of lymphedema, Dr. Granzow created the world’s first comprehensive lymphedema treatment system (FLOSM) that successfully integrated lymphedema therapy with multiple types of lymphedema surgery. He is an accomplished surgeon in performing lymphedema surgeries such as vascularized lymph node transfer (VLNT), lymphaticovenous anastomosis (LVA) and suction assisted protein lipectomy (SAPL).
Dr. Granzow received the 2016 Best Career Investigator Award, a prestigious honor from the National Lymphedema Network (NLN), for his demonstrated dedication to lymphedema research. He publishes highly regarded scientific articles in leading medical journals on advances in lymphedema surgery and treatment. Dr. Granzow lectures patients, therapists and physicians around the world at lymphedema conferences such as the Klose Conference, NLN Conference, World Congress of Lymphology (WCOL) Conference, the Canadian Lymphedema Framework (CLF) Conference, and the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM) Conference. Dr. Granzow provides his proven lymphedema treatment for patients in his private medical practice located in Manhattan Beach, California.
Dr. Granzow graduated from Princeton with honors in chemical engineering. Afterward, he attended Tulane Medical School, where he graduated in the top 10% of his class and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Granzow also received a Master of Public Health degree at Tulane Medical School. Afterward, he completed residencies in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Southern California and in Plastic Surgery at the University of Miami.
After residency training, Dr. Granzow worked closely with top surgeons around the world in the fields of lymphedema surgery, advanced microsurgery, and aesthetic surgery. He completed fellowships at the Louisiana State University, and The Royal Melbourne Hospital in Australia. Dr. Granzow also served as a visiting fellow at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan, Tokyo University Hospital in Japan, and Ghent University Hospital in Belgium.