Compassionate and Patient-Oriented
Dr. Jay Granzow is an internationally renowned lymphedema and lipedema surgeon, scholar and educator. He founded the Lymphedema & Lipedema Center to provide comprehensive and effective treatment for lymphedema and lipedema patients from all over the world. Dr. Granzow believes that each patient’s lymphedema or lipedema condition is unique and requires truly personalized treatment programs to provide the best possible results for these difficult disorders. The Center’s mission is to restore and improve the quality of life in patients with lymphedema and lipedema.
Dr. Granzow has received worldwide recognition for his dedication to lymphedema and lipedema surgery and education. He received numerous awards from patient communities including the 2016 Best Career Investigator Award, a prestigious honor from the National Lymphedema Network (NLN), for his demonstrated dedication to lymphedema research.
Patients from the United States and abroad rely on his expertise to treat their lymphedema and lipedema conditions. Most patients are referred by other patients, physicians, or therapists. They travel to see Dr. Granzow because of his expertise, empathy, and ability to understand their complex and difficult illnesses.
International Collaboration and Scholarship
Dr. Granzow believes in the importance of working with therapists and other doctors to optimize the long-term effectiveness of our treatment programs. As a recognized pioneer in the fields of lymphedema and lipedema, Dr. Granzow focuses on innovation and collaboration with other experts to provide the best treatment available to patients.
Education and Training
Dr. Granzow graduated from Princeton University with honors in chemical engineering in 1993.
Afterward, he attended Tulane Medical School, where he graduated in the top 10% of his class and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Granzow also received a Master of Public Health degree at Tulane Medical School. He then completed residencies in Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Southern California and in Plastic Surgery at the University of Miami. After residency training, Dr. Granzow worked closely with top surgeons around the world in the fields of lymphedema surgery, advanced microsurgery, and aesthetic surgery. He completed fellowships at Louisiana State University, and The Royal Melbourne Hospital in Australia. Dr. Granzow also served as a visiting fellow at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan, Tokyo University Hospital in Japan, and Ghent University Hospital in Belgium.
- B.S.E. Princeton – with honors in chemical engineering
- M.D., Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, LA – graduated in top 10% of class with AOA Honors
- M.P.H., Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Internship, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Head and Neck Surgery Residency, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, LSU Center for Health Sciences, New Orleans, LA
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, Toorak Cosmetic Surgery Centre, Melbourne, Australia
- Visiting Fellow, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
- Visiting Fellow, Tokyo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- Visiting Fellow, University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery